Where can I get information on permits needed for my business?

The City of San Antonio Development Services Department at 1901 S. Alamo St. is a one stop shop for required permits, licenses, zoning, and certificates to operate a business in San Antonio. Businesses located in unincorporated areas of Bexar County need to contact Bexar County Public Works at (210) 335-6700 or visit 233 N. Pecos, Suite 420, San Antonio, Texas 78207. Businesses located in surrounding Bexar County cities listed below need to contact the city offices for the following entities to obtain required permits:

  • Alamo Heights
  • Balcones Heights
  • Castle Hills
  • China Grove
  • Cibolo
  • Converse
  • Elmendorf
  • Fair Oaks Ranch
  • Grey Forest
  • Helotes
  • Hill Country Village
  • Hollywood Park
  • Kirby
  • Leon Valley
  • Live Oak
  • Lytle
  • Olmos Park
  • Sandy Oaks
  • Schertz
  • Selma
  • Shavano Park
  • Somerset
  • St. Hedwig
  • Terrell Hills
  • Universal City
  • Von Ormy
  • Windcrest

CDPs: Cross Mountain, Lackland AFB, Macdona, Randolph AFB, Scenic Oaks, Timberwood park

Unincorporated Communities: Adkins, Atascosa, Leon Springs, Losoya, Martinez, Sayers, and Wetmore

(Note: for further details on home based businesses please make sure to contact your local entity).

Bexar County Public Works

Show All Answers

1. How do I register my business name or get a DBA?
2. Where do I get an Employer Identification Number?
3. Where do I get a State of Texas sales tax permit?
4. Where can I get information on permits needed for my business?
5. Where can I get training or counseling on starting a business and or writing a business plan?
6. Are there any grants to start a business?
7. How do I certify my business as SBE, MBE, WBE, AABE, VBE, or DIBE?
8. How do I become a Bexar County Vendor?
9. Do I have to be certified as SBE, MBE, WBE, AABE, VBE, DIBE to do business with Bexar County?
10. How do I register to attend the Small, Minority, Women, and Veteran Owned Business Conference on December 7, 2016 at the Freeman Coliseum Expo Hall?