The Bexar County Veterans Service Office is accepting nominations for the 2018 LeRoy V. Greene, Jr. Memorial Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions by Bexar County citizens to the quality of life of veterans, military service members and their families.
The LeRoy V. Greene, Jr. Memorial Award recipient is announced at the Commissioners Court meeting prior to Veterans Day each year.
Nominations will be accepted from individuals who have personal knowledge and who can attest to the accomplishments of the person they are recommending for the recognition. Nominations from spouses, siblings or children of the nominees will not be accepted.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a citizen of Bexar County for at least two years at the date of nomination.
- Have performed noteworthy actions over the current fiscal year and over a period of time, predominantly as a volunteer; no single act qualifies a person.
- Exhibit competence in teamwork and cooperation, dedication, and notable assistance to veterans, military service members and their families.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills with initiative, dedication and follow-through.
- Selflessly share his/her time and expertise with the veteran and military community.
Nomination forms can be obtained by email. Anyone interested is submitting a nomination should email a request to [email protected], with LRVG AWARD in the subject line.
Forms may be returned by:
- Email to [email protected];
- Fax to 210-335-3632; or
- Mail to Bexar County Veterans Service Office, 233 N. Pecos, Suite 320, San Antonio, Texas 78207.
The deadline for submission is midnight on Oct. 5, 2018.