September 9, 2023
610 Southwest 41st Street
San Antonio, TX 78237
Mental Health First Aid Training
Saturday, September 9, 2023
Free Mental Health First Aid Training Opportunity for Community Health Workers
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults. You’ll build the skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to those who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
AFTER REGISTERING REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete your Mental Health First Aid Portal profile
- Complete Mental Health First Aid Portal course prework
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- Understand how to interact with a person in crisis.
- Know how to connect a person with help.
- Use self-care tools and techniques.
*You must stay the entire time in order to be certified.
Guadalupe Cornejo,LMSW, CHW-I