September 11, 2023 - September 13, 2023
2711 SE Loop 410 S
San Antonio, TX 78222
Armando Cruz. Jr. - 210.335-4962
Mental Health Officer TCOLE #4201 (15 Registrants Max)
Monday, September 11, 2023
All classes require a minimum of three (3) registrants at least three (3) days prior to the commencement date. If the minimum of registrants is not met, you will be notified through email.
Please make sure to bring a notepad and/or electronic device to take notes during class.
Student Prerequisites for Mental Health Officer #4201 (TCOLE Rule §221.11):
- To qualify for a mental health officer proficiency certificate, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- currently appointed as a peace officer, county jailer, or justice of the peace;
- at least two years' experience as a peace officer, county jailer, or justice of the peace;
- if not currently a commissioned peace officer or county jailer, an applicant must meet the current enrollment standards;
- if an applicant is a commissioned peace officer or county jailer, an applicant must not ever have had a license or certificate issued by the commission suspended or revoked;
- if an applicant is a commissioned peace officer or county jailer, an applicant must have met the continuing education requirements for the previous training cycle;
- successful completion of a training course in emergency first aid and lifesaving techniques (Red Cross or equivalent); and
- Successful completion of the current mental health officer training course and pass the approved examination for mental health officer proficiency.
- The effective date of this section is January 14, 2010.
Additionally, the student must have taken:
- De-escalation (TCOLE Course #1849) AND
- Crisis Intervention Training (TCOLE Course #1850) OR Mental Health for Jailers (TCOLE Course #4900)
Please note: Peace officers who completed the Basic Peace Officer Course after 2019 (BPOC 1000667, 1000696, 1000720), will have both 1849 and 1850 and meet the enrollment requirements.
Attendees must bring a laptop and a USB drive. The USB Drive will need to be turned in with all your assignments. Attendees will be given assignments to complete and research will be done with the laptop.