Inmate – Clothing Exchange for Court Appearances
PROCEDURES TO EXCHANGE INMATE PERSONAL CLOTHING FOR COURT APPEARANCES
When a judge orders that an inmate appear for trial and be dressed in personal clothing, procedures below shall be followed for the efficient exchange of clothing.
- The Attorney shall submit a written request/application on official letterhead, on behalf of the client, to attend the trial in personal clothing.
- Submit request preferably by email or alternatively by fax:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: Adult Detention Center Clothing/Property room at 210-335-6825. You may confirm receipt of the fax by calling the Clothing/Property room at 210-335-6152 / 5042.
- SUBMIT REQUEST AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO TRIAL DATE.
The Attorney or other designated person is also required to submit a Property Release Form which is also available at the Front Desk South Tower Lobby and can be filled out upon arrival at the Jail and then needs to be signed by their client authorizing the Attorney or designated person to do the exchange of clothing.
The Property Release Form must indicate the name of the individual who will be dropping off/receiving the exchange of clothing.
Clothing exchanges for court appearances may be accomplished:
- Attorneys: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Non Attorneys: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm
PLEASE NOTE THAT WAIT TIMES WILL VARY DEPENDENT ON MANPOWER, JAIL ACTIVITIES.
If the trial is expected to last more than 1 day, the Request Letter/Application should state the requirement for multiple daily exchanges and Property Release Form must be filled out for each exchange transaction, however, if it’s for multiple days and the clothing exchanges will be done by the initial Attorney or designated person, the original Property Release Form will suffice.
REMINDER: All exchanges will be a “one for one” item exchange. Due to the large population of the Bexar County Adult Detention Center, this facility does not have sufficient space to store additional clothing.