Adult Detention Center Facility
Mission & Purpose
- To deliver detention services and operations necessary for the protection of society, provide a safe environment to the staff working in the building, and maintain the proper well-being of incarcerated persons.
- To provide an environment for incarcerated persons in which correction of behavior is possible if the individual so desires. Such an environment shall include the protection of the incarcerated person from victimization within the facility.
- To provide an environment for incarcerated persons that maintains the appropriate due process and internal legality necessary to protect an individual’s constitutional rights.
- To return the offender to society in a condition (physically, mentally, or any other manner) no worse than when the prisoner came into the facility.
- To provide the courts, upon request, with information to and in sentencing decision.
- To provide the necessary levels of security, appropriate detainee classification, and staff training to safely accomplish the preceding objectives.
The line is available 24 hours, all year long.
Important Phone Contact Information
|Main Jail Office||210-335-5401|
Posting BondLink to page
Programs & ServicesLink to page
View descriptions of all detainee services offered at the Bexar County Adult Detention Center.Link to page
Jail Activity Reports
Bexar County Sheriff's Office Jail Activity Reports.Link to page
PREALink to page
Medical staff, in-patient care, and a pharmacy are all available onsite for inmates of the Adult Detention Center.Link to page