Contact an Inmate
Inmate Telephone Communication
ICSolutions offers two programs to assist with telephone communication with detainees:
Prepaid Collect Calling account: The Prepaid Collect Calling account helps to pay for any calls received from a detainee at the Bexar County Adult Detention Facility. Accounts can be opened or funded on the ICSolutions website. Assistance with an account can be reached 24 hours by calling ICSolutions at 888-506-8407 or 210-900-1899.
Debit Telephone Account Funding: The Debit Telephone Account Funding allows money to be added to a detainee’s Debit Telephone Account. Once payment is received a detainee is then able to use the funds to call any allowed telephone number. Assistance with funding a Debit Telephone Account can be reached by calling ICSolutions at 888-888-8413.
Send Mail to an Inmate
Inmates may receive letters in any quantity, mail is collected and delivered five days per week (Monday through Friday), except on federal holidays. All incoming mail will be opened and inspected in the mail room. To send postal mail to an inmate please follow this mailing address format:
[Inmate's name and SID number is REQUIRED]
[Include Unit location, if known]
Bexar County Adult Detention Center
200 N. Comal Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Inmates are authorized to receive publications such as three (3) PAPERBACK books (three (3) per week, per inmate), magazines, and newspapers as long as they come direct from a publisher or an established bookstore. The inmate’s SID number MUST be on the shipping label, if not, it will be returned to sender. All paperback books must have a PERFECT binding.
Any publications from family, friends and internet sites are prohibited and all items will be returned to the sender. All third-party book vendors are prohibited. Adult magazines such as Playboy, Hustler, etc. are strictly not allowed.
Amazon Book Deliveries
You may order books from Amazon, but they must be delivered by a public carrier (US Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx). Do not use Amazon Same Day delivery that uses a contract carrier or your order will not be accepted; it will be rejected and returned to sender.
Prohibited items & Information
- Do not send contraband in letters (combs, cigarettes, stickers, greeting cards with ribbon/glitter/string/beads, and other items deemed inappropriate, etc.). All letters and cards must be written with ink. Any illegal items will be confiscated.
- Do not send Polaroid photos, or any photos with a cardboard back are not allowed.
- Do not send more than 6 photos in an envelope, photo collages, and photos larger than 5” x 7" are prohibited. Photos must not contain any type of nudity (partial nude or sexually suggestive) and all children must be fully clothed. Photos with hand gang signs, gestures, tattoos, or tattoo art will be rejected.
- Do not send cash, money orders, cashiers checks, or any other such item through the mail.
- Do not send hardback, leather-bound, or spiral-bound books. Adult magazines are strictly prohibited. All books, magazines, and newspapers must be paperback and be sent via USPS, UPS, or FedEx using well established book stores (Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, etc.) or direct from the publisher. Any publications from family, friends, local bookstores, and books from internet sites are prohibited.
Any prohibited items, deemed inappropriate, or contraband will be returned to sender with a mail disposition notice indicating the reason the correspondence was not deliverable. A copy of of the non-delivery notice will be sent to the inmate. Any mail that is not opened (no SID#, name & SID# do not match, inmate no longer here) will not receive a disposition notice. All mail sent to a detainee after they are released or transferred will be returned to the sender.
Receiving Mail from an Inmate
Inmates housed in the Adult Detention Center may purchase stationary, envelopes, and postage stamps through the jail commissary. Certified mail service is available through the mail room, inmates are responsible for certified mail postage.
Contact the Mail Room at 210-335-6240 for any questions regarding mail services.