- Commissioners Court
We respect the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request. By using our website, you agree to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this policy.
- Types of Data Collected
- How We Use the Data
- Disclosure of the Data
- Security of the Data
- Links to Other Sites
- Contact Us
1. Types of Data Collected
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include the following:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how our website is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
2. How We Use the Data
Bexar County uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website
- To notify you about changes to our website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the website
- To monitor the usage of the website
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
3. Disclosure of the Data
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction, where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to various locations within the United States and process it there.
Bexar County may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation, such as a law, subpoena, court order, or legal process;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Bexar County, Texas;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public;
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website ("Service Providers"), to provide the website on our behalf, to perform website-related services, or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics & Tools
We may use third party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
4. Security of the Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, applications, or other features not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's site. We encourage you to review these sites' privacy policies.
Bexar County assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
Users can choose not to accept the use of these cookies by changing the settings in their local computer's or mobile device’s web browser. For more information, please visit the USA.gov website.
8. Contact Us