Thank A Veteran
Thank A Veteran is a service offered by the Bexar County Clerk's office to provide benefits and discounts for those who have served their country, across Bexar County. Please see the letter from the Bexar County Clerk below for more information.
Letter from County Clerk, Lucy Adame-Clark
Welcome to the Thank A Veteran Program
The Thank A Vet program is a way of giving back to the veterans who have served our country through the armed forces. This program extends to all branches of the military and offers our service men and women an opportunity to receive our thanks through discounts at participating merchants like yours.
Saying “thank you” is easy and completely voluntary with the Thank A Vet Program.
The benefits of participation are rewarding for both merchant and veteran:
- Veterans are shown gratitude for their sacrifices and loyalty to our country through a discount at participating merchants
- Merchants are given an opportunity to give back to our veterans
- Participating merchants will be listed on the County Clerk's website
To enroll, merchants shall:
- Fill out, sign, and submit the Merchant Participation form
- Place the Thank A Veteran decal in a visible place at the participating merchant establishment
- Offer a discount to any veteran who presents the County Clerk issued Thank A Veteran ID card
A brochure that details the program’s purpose and benefits, along with the enrollment form, and merchant decal can be found in the Thank A Vet folder.
Veterans Benefit by:
- Presenting their Thank A Veteran ID card issued by the County Clerk's Office at participating locations for a discount
- Free recording of their DD-214 to create a permanent certifiable record
- Receiving free certified copies of the DD-214
The veteran ID card is issued after that veteran records his or her DD-214 separation papers with the County Clerk’s Office. Both the card and the recording are free of charge to the Veteran. DD-214 papers are non-public records and are recorded with the County Clerk’s Office. These records are viewable ONLY by the veteran and his or her immediate family.
Veterans can record their DD-214 at the Bexar County Clerk's Office located at 101 W. Nueva, Ste. 103, San Antonio, Texas 78205 or at a "Records on the Run" mobile unit event.
If you would like more information about the program, please contact our Special Projects Coordinator, Eddie Pichardo at (210) 262-9106, or by e-mailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for helping to give back to those who have served us.
Bexar County Clerk