Plumbing Assistance Programs
The Bexar County Plumbing Assistance Programs are to help eligible homeowners in unincorporated Bexar County or one of the 26 suburban cities to repair damaged pipes or reimburse for repairs from damages caused by the February freeze. This program is intended to address water supply issues only and will not cover associated water damage to floor coverings, walls, sheet rock, etc.
I need a plumber Program
The "I Need a Plumber" Program is to help restore potable water to eligible homes impacted by the February freeze. Plumbing work will be focused on repairing burst pipes that are resulting in loss of water service to the home. Continue for qualifications and eligibility details.
The Reimbursement Program is to help eligible homeowners impacted by the February freeze with the cost of emergency repairs to broken pipes as a result of the freeze. Continue for qualifications and eligibility details.
- Step 1. Read the qualifications and eligibility criteria below.
- Step 2. Enter the address of the impacted property in the "Plumbing Assistance Eligibility Checker" to confirm program eligibility.
- Step 3. Select either the "Reimbursement" program link or "I Need a Plumber" plumbing repair program link that is provided through the "Plumbing Assistance Eligibility Checker".
- Step 4. Complete the required question(s) on the program request form.
- Step 5. Enter your email address in the "Receive a Copy" section to be sent an email with your submission number in the subject line. If you don’t have an email, you can register by phone.
Qualifications for both Programs
- The household must be located in unincorporated Bexar County or one of the 26 suburban cities.
- A household must meet HUD established Income Guidelines for families earning 80% or below the Area Median Income.
- Damaged pipes must be attached to the home (no pool pumps, lawn sprinkler systems, water softeners, etc.).
- Maximum reimbursement per household for these programs is $1,500 (parts and labor).
- Invoices dated prior to February 14, 2021 are ineligible for reimbursement.
- Renters are not eligible to apply for this program.
Examples of burst pipes include:
- Pipes within walls or ceilings
- Service line pipes leading to the home
- Pipes under the home
- Outdoor hose bibs and more
Repairs NOT Covered:
- Irrigation systems including piping, irrigation heads, and backflows
- Pool plumbing and pumps
- Dripping faucets and shower heads that still allow safe access to water
- Replacement of water heaters
- Bringing water heater installations up to code
- Leaking toilets that still allow safe flushing
Eligibility for either Program
Repairs and/or reimbursements can only be received through one organization's program, such as FEMA or insurance requests.
To check eligibility, start by visiting the Plumbing Assistance Eligibility Checker and entering the address of the impacted property.
If you are ineligible for Bexar County's Plumbing Assistance Program, we encourage you contact SAWS or the City of San Antonio for other plumbing assistance programs. FEMA also offers disaster assistance through disasterassistance.gov.