Shared Parenting Program
Visitation Intervention and Enforcement Services
The OAG has a contract with the Bexar County Domestic Relations Office to provide child support customers FREE conflict resolution services, co-parenting classes, and legal enforcement services to low-income parents with Bexar County final orders.
If you don’t have a Bexar County Final Order, please call the A&V hotline number 1-866-292-4636, open Monday through Friday, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Calls will be answered in English and in Spanish.
- The Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) must have a final Bexar County order granting visits.
- The NCP must reside in Bexar County or one of the contiguous counties.
- The Custodial Parent (CP) and child(ren) must reside in Bexar County.
- The NCP has been denied visits at least three times.
- No current/active protective order or no-contact order between the NCP and the CP.
- No open case with the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (CPS) involving the NCP, CP, and or focal children.
- The NCP must have no pending court cases.
- The NCP must be unable to afford an attorney and meet income requirements.
Services to Include:
- Conflict Resolution Services
- Cooperative Parenting Classes
- Legal Enforcement of eligible orders if certain criteria are met
- Orientation about parenting orders in parent-friendly terms
- Other services may be provided by the DRO, as determined appropriate by the DRO, to facilitate visitation enforcement services.
Program Class Information
How to apply:
- Call 210-335-1242 for information or submit an online “Information request form”.
- Attend our program information meeting. Meetings conducted weekly on Wednesdays. You will be scheduled and invited by email for a meeting if you meet pre-eligibility requirements.
- Submit an Application
Submit an application. Program staff will review your application and you will be notified whether your application was accepted.
Texas Attorney General – Access & Visitation Hotline (866) 292-4636
Texas Attorney General – Child Support (800) 252-8014
Guardian House – (210) 733-3349
Kidshare – Family Service – (210) 299-2476
Bexar County Family Justice Center – (210) 631-0100
Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center – (210) 335-2128
Bexar County District Clerk – Civil Court Records (210) 335-2113
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid – (888) 988-9996