Shared Parenting Program

Visitation Intervention and Enforcement Services

The OAG has a contract with the Bexar County Domestic Relations Office to provide child support customers FREE conflict resolution services, co-parenting classes, and legal enforcement services to low-income parents with Bexar County final orders.

If you don’t have a Bexar County Final Order, please call the A&V hotline number 1-866-292-4636, open Monday through Friday, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Calls will be answered in English and in Spanish.


  • The Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) must possess the most current and final Bexar County Order granting possession and access.
  • The NCP must be a resident of Bexar County or one of the contiguous counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson.
  • The Custodial Parent (CP) and child(ren) must reside in Bexar County.
  • The NCP must confirm that visitation has been denied by the CP at least three times and must be able to provide the dates of those denials.
  • There can be no current/active protective order or no contact order between the NCP and the CP.
  • There can be no open case with the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (CPS) involving the NCP, CP and or focal children
  • The NCP must have no pending criminal cases.  
  • The NCP must have no pending litigation.
  • The NCP must be unable to afford legal counsel.  The income limitation is $40,000 (gross) per year.

Services to Include:

  • Conflict Resolution Services
  • Cooperative Parenting Classes
  • Legal Enforcement of eligible orders if certain criteria is met
  • Orientation about parenting orders in parent-friendly terms

How to apply:

Submit an Intake Form

  • Fill an Intake Form Online, or
  • Call 210-335-1242 to submit an intake form over the phone, or
  • Visit us in-person at the Bexar County Courthouse.

Attend Orientation

  • Once your intake form is reviewed, you will be scheduled for orientation.
  • Orientations are conducted weekly Wednesdays in-person.
  • In the event our office is closed, the staff will make other arrangements.

Submit an Application

Contact Us

You may contact the Domestic Relations Office – Shared Parenting Program for additional questions:

When you call the DRO, if the Shared Parenting Program Staff are unavailable, leave a detailed message with the receptionist regarding the nature of your call.

The DRO is prohibited from discussing cases with anyone other than you and the other parent.