Latest local News
Fourth Amended Bexar County Civil District Courts COVID-19 Court Operations Plan
To minimize spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Bexar County Civil District Courts will operate pursuant to this plan beginning February 1, 2022, and until further notice.
Bexar County Executive Order NW-21
This order covers wearing face coverings in Bexar County offices and in public. It also covers health and safety for other public locations.
Orders and Declarations
- Special Order Suspending Jury Service August 4, 2021
- NW-20 executive order, issued March 9, 2021
- NW-19 executive order, issued Dec. 28, 2020
- Impact If Bexar County Falls Within “Areas with High Hospitalization”
- NW-18 executive order, issued Dec. 8, 2020
- NW-17 executive order, issued Nov. 25, 2020
- NW-16 executive order, issued Oct. 15, 2020
- Amended NW-15 executive order, issued Sept. 21, 2020
- NW-15 executive order, issued Sept. 16, 2020
- Amended NW-14 executive order, issued Sept. 4, 2020
- NW-14 executive order, issued Aug. 12, 2020
- Supplemental Order NW-13, issued Aug. 3, 2020
- NW-13 executive order, issued July 15, 2020
- Supplemental Order to NW-13, issued on July 17, 2020
- Supplemental Order to NW-12, issued on July 6, 2020
- NW-12 executive order, issued July 1, 2020
- NW-11 executive order, issued June 25, 2020
- NW-10 executive order, issued June 17, 2020
- Second Order Continuing Declaration of State of Local Disaster for Bexar County, Texas
- NW-09 executive order, issued June 4, 2020.
- NW-08 executive order, issued May 19, 2020
- NW-07 executive order, issued April 29, 2020
- NW-06 executive order, issued April 17, 2020
- NW-05 executive order, issued April 5, 2020
- Supplemental Executive Order, issued April 3, 2020
- Executive Order "Stay Home, Work Safe", issued March 23,2020
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency, issued March 19, 2020
- Declaration of Continuation of Public Health Emergency, issued March 18,2020
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency, issued March 13, 2020
Affected Bexar County Offices and Operations
Suspending Jury Service until March 14, 2022
After careful deliberation and consultation with the local health authority, and in an abundance of caution, the Court has determined the best course of action is to suspend jury service. Jury trials that have already begun may continue through verdict.
Civil District Courts Fourth Amended Operations Plan moved to March 14, 2022
After conferring with the Bexar County Health Authority and in light of the rising COVID/Omicron cases across the country and in Texas, the Civil District Courts have moved the effective date of Fourth Amended Covid-19 Operations Plan to March 14, 2022. All attorneys and self represented litigants are encouraged to review the plan to familiarize themselves with the procedures that take effect on that date. The procedures for in person jury trials will remain as previously outlined in the Order of December 17, 2021.
COVID-19 Operating Plan for the Bexar County Judiciary
Recognizing the need to ensure the health and safety of litigants, attorneys, and visitors, court staff, judges, and other individuals entering the buildings housing the courts, the courts of Bexar County will implement the Minimum Standard Health Protocols for the Bexar County Judiciary.
County Courts’ Vulnerable Population Notice
A notice from the County Courts regarding accommodations for members of a vulnerable population.
Suspension of Jury Duty
Effective August 4, 2021, jury services have been suspended.
Bexar County Civil District Courts
The Bexar County Civil District Courts will operate pursuant to this plan effective April 6, 2020. NOTHING IN THIS PLAN SUPERCEDES EMERGENCY ORDERS ISSUED BY ANY NATIONAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Effective April 6, 2020, all cases will be heard remotely by the Civil District Courts. Essential matters will be given priority.
Bexar County Justices of the Peace
The Bexar County Justices of the Peace have issued an order regarding their court proceedings. Effective March 16, 2020, all civil and criminal bench and jury trials, and court dockets, scheduled to begin through April 16, 2020 will be reset by a later date, scheduled by the Court – with court dockets limited to essential court proceedings. The Courts will remain open during regular business hours to accept filings, service constituents, and review all matters filed by submission.
Bexar County District Attorney’s Office
Offices will remain open with reduced staff. Prosecutors are reviewing cases filed by law enforcement and reaching out to victims and witnesses. Grant juries continue to operate. To apply for a protective order, please call 210-631-0100 or fill out an intake form online at www.bexarcountyprotectiveorders.org/apply-online.
The Bexar County Family Justice Center continues to provide services to domestic violence survivors. Call 210-631-0100 for assistance.
Bexar County Sheriff’s Office
Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar has instituted the following changes to the Adult Detention Center: UHS personnel will medically pre-screen all inmates in the sally port before entering the Joint Intake and Assessment Annex (JIAA). Inmates with fever or flu-like symptoms will be booked and housed separately. Bexar County Adult Detention Center bond processing and fine collection has been moved to the JIAA front desk. Deputies are being asked to limit their contact with the public to that which is necessary. The BCSO is also working to minimize custodial arrests by filing non-violent offenses at large.
Juvenile Probation Department
All children being admitted into the Cyndi Taylor Krier Juvenile Treatment Center will undergo a health screening and have their temperature taken prior to being released. Additional screenings for visitors will be taken. There is also an increased focus on cleaning high traffic area and frequently touched surfaces.
Community COVID-19 Testing & Vaccines
Community Testing & Vaccines
For information testing and COVID-19 vaccination sites, please visit https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/ or UniversityHealthSystem.com.
Information for your Family
Bexar County Utility Assistance
Applications for assistance paying your CPS Energy bill can be requested by phone at 210-335-3666, or by email at email@example.com. Appointments for Pauper Burial services can be scheduled by calling 210-335-0757.
COVID-19 Information Websites
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Testing Algorithm (PDF)
- Health Advisory (PDF)
- Hospital Poster English (PDF)
- Hospital Poster Chinese (PDF)
- Hospital Poster Spanish (PDF)
- Hand Washing Poster (PDF)