Child Support Probation Unit
The continuing mission of this unit is to ensure the children of the non-custodial parents we work with receive the child and medical support to which they are entitled. To accomplish this, the unit works in collaboration with the Office of the Attorney General and the IV-D Child Support Court Associate Judges. There are two program components to the unit, which are Community Supervision (Probation) and the Children First Jail Intervention Program. Both program components give the courts an alternative to jail incarceration for non-custodial parents held in contempt of court for non-payment of child and medical support.
Community Supervision Program
The Community Supervision (Probation) Program receives cases placed on supervised community supervision. The community supervision term length is up to 10 years. Probation officers provide monitoring and supervision by requiring the probationers to report at least monthly. The probation officers utilize a problem-solving case management approach by referring probationers to community resources and services to resolve issues and barriers contributing to nonpayment of child and medical support.
Children First Jail Intervention Program
The Children First Jail Intervention Program provides an alternative to lengthy jail stays for a selected group of incarcerated noncustodial parents who are not making their child support payments. The Child Support Court Associate Judges consider this program when they want to release a non-custodial parent from jail into a structured program but are not yet ready to order community supervision. Assessment, case management services, and intensive supervision are provided.
- FDIC Money Smart - Your Income and Expenses
- Up to Parents - Free online co-parenting class
- Bexar County Shared Parenting Program
- Bexar County Dispute Resolution
- COSA Financial Empowerment - free financial counseling
- Workforce Solutions Alamo
- GoodwillSA - employers hiring
- TRLA - Texas RioGrande Legal Aid
- SA Bar Association
- United Way
- San Antonio Community Resource Directory
- Bexar County District Clerk - Records
- Bexar County CSCD - Adult Probation
- Office of Attorney General
Child Support Probation Unit Location
300 Dolorosa Ste. B-82
San Antonio, TX 78205