8:30 am Docket Setting Procedure Guide
If you have any questions regarding this guide, you may contact the Jury Assignment Office at 210-335-2520.
- All hearings on the ADR Docket are set at 8:30 AM on Wednesdays, BUT NOT EVERY Wednesday and excluding county holidays. (Some dockets may be capped; in which case, settings will be moved to subsequent dockets.)
- The ADR court rotates every three (3) months. Check with the Jury Assignment (JA) Office for court assignments.
- All jury settings will automatically be set on the ADR docket approximately four (4) months (general cases) prior to trial and family law two (2) months prior to trial.
- All motions, orders, or other documents must be delivered to the JA Office located on the 4th floor of the Bexar County Courthouse.
- Three (3) days notice is required for an ADR setting – weekends, legal and local holidays observed not included.
- If a mediator is agreed upon by all parties, three (3) days prior to the setting one of the parties must notify the JA Office in writing with the name of the mediator, how the fee will be split, the deadline for mediation (45 days prior to trial), and a provision authorizing sanctions for non-compliance. This will excuse the parties from appearing at docket.
- If no one appears at the ADR Docket, and a written agreement has not been presented, the court will order mediation and select a mediator at random from a list of qualified mediators.
- Mediation must be completed 45 days prior to the jury trial setting.
- All mediator reports can be faxed to 210-335-1217, hand-delivered, or mailed to the JA Office.
The following is a list of types of motions that are set on the ADR Docket at 8:30 AM:
- Referral to Mediation
- Expedited Mediation
- Set Specific Date for Mediation
- Opposition for Referral to Mediation
- Set Aside Order of Referral to Mediation