Withdrawing Adult Court Registry Funds
In order to process a request to disburse funds from the court’s registry, the Bookkeeping Department requires a certified copy of the signed written order from the court and a signed W-9 for the party receiving the disbursement.
Please review the process below for full details on receiving a disbursement of court registry funds. For the disbursement of minor funds, please visit the "Withdrawing Minor Court Registry Funds" page.
County Clerk BookkeepingPhysical Address
Bexar County Courthouse
100 Dolorosa, Basement
San Antonio, TX 78205
Signed Written Order from the Court
Unless otherwise provided by statute or rule, each withdrawal from registry funds, including cash bail bond refunds, requires a written order of the Court (§117.053, LGC).
Considerations of the order:
- Does the order clearly state the COUNTY CLERK IS ORDERED TO issue the check?
- Does the order clearly indicate amounts to be paid to multiple parties that equal the amount deposited into the court’s registry?
- Does the order state exactly who is to receive the check? For example: The County Clerk is ordered to ISSUE A CHECK PAYABLE TO JOHN DOE.
You may find helpful information on how to prepare an order at the Bexar County Law Library located at the Bexar County Courthouse (100 Dolorosa, phone: 210-335-3189) on the 5th floor.
Signed W-9 Form for the Party Receiving the Disbursement
- Send the required documents and indicate the mail option on the Application To Withdraw Funds. Mail the items to the following address:
Bexar County Clerk
100 Dolorosa St. 104
San Antonio, Texas 78205
In Person Option
- Bring the required documents to the County Clerk’s Bookkeeping Department located in the Basement of the courthouse at 100 Dolorosa, San Antonio, Texas 78205.
- An accurate telephone number is required along with your valid government issued identification upon pick up.
Additionally, please contact the Bookkeeping Department if you have any questions regarding amounts on deposit, status of refund, tracking number for mailed checks, etc.
The County Clerk's Office is required by Texas Local Government Code 117.054 to pay 10% of the interest earned on the investment to the general fund of the county. All orders to withdraw funds from the court’s registry, less any applicable administrative fee, will normally be released within fifteen (15) business days.
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact the Bookkeeping Department of the Bexar County Clerk’s Office.