Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I view current construction bids for Bexar County?
- What is the importance of commodity and sub-commodity codes during the registration process?
- Does Bexar County use the State of Texas contracts?
- How do I get on the County's Supplier list?
- What are the abbreviations IFB, RFP and RFQ?
- How can I improve my chances at participation in the County's “small dollar” procurements?
- Where can I find information on SWMBE and the link to the SWMBE site?
Please visit CivCastUSA to see all available construction bids for Bexar County
These codes identify the specific products and services that Suppliers/Vendors offer and are used in search criteria for building the list of competitors for purchases requiring competition (events).
Yes. Section 271.081 through 271.083 of the Texas Local Government Code requires the State Comptroller to establish a local government purchasing program and authorized Bexar County to participate in the program.
- Visit the Supplier Portal/Vendor Registration site.
- Click "Register" in the left column.
- Accept our terms and conditions and click "Continue".
- Fill in your information and click "Continue" through the registration pages.
You must provide information about yourself and your company at a minimum. Please ensure to add information such as diversity codes, commodity codes, and so on.
- Continue through the registration pages until you reach "Registration Status: Complete".
- Click "Done".
The next time after registration that you and other Supplier Contacts log in, you will be prompted to answer some questions. Your answers will be used to verify your identity later, if you ever forget your password.
These abbreviations refer to various types of events that are used, depending on the type of purchase and are defined below:
- IFB - Invitation for Bid: A document used to request bid prices for commodities and services for which the specifications are well defined and the determining factor is price, providing that bidders meet the specifications, terms, and conditions of the IFB. This is used when the estimated amount of the requisition is over $50,000.
- RFP - Request for Proposal: A document requesting an offer be made by a vendor, which allows for negotiation after proposals have been received, but before award of a contract for high technology goods or services, such as computer hardware and software or insurance.
- RFQ - Request for Quote: A document requesting prices for commodities and services for which the specifications are well defined and the determining factor is price. This is used when the estimated amount of the requisition is under $50,000.
One way is to submit product catalogs to County buyers in the Purchasing Office.
Bexar County accepts certification for SWMBE through the South Central Regional Certification Agency. They can be reached on-line at sctrca.org or by calling at 210-227-4722.
You can obtain additional SMWBE information by contacting the Bexar County SMWBE Program Office at 210-335-2478 or visit www.bexar.org/SBED.