Bexar County Joins 'Neighbors' App
Bexar County Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday (Sept. 25, 2018) that it is joining the Neighbors app to provide the Bexar County community with real-time, local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Bexar County residents can download the free Neighbors app to their smartphone (via iOS or Android here: https://download.ring.com/bexar) in order to join their digital neighborhood and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
“The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office is embracing the innovative technology of the Neighbors App,” said Bexar County Sheriff, Javier Salazar. “We are affiliating with the Neighbors by Ring program in our efforts to further strengthen our community and bring another tool to fight crime. I hope the public will join us in making our communities a more connected, safe, and more resilient place.”
“We’re excited to have Bexar County Sheriff’s join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information,” said Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring. “Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, Bexar County can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How Neighbors App Works:
- Download the Neighbors app (via iOS/Android here: https://download.ring.com/bexar)
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
Neighbors is a neighborhood watch app that provides real-time, local crime and safety information. Download the free Neighbors app on iOS or Android, join your neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. Download Neighbors from the App Store or Google Play Store today to join your digital neighborhood watch
For more information visit www.ring.com/neighbors.
200 North Comal Street
San Antonio, Texas 78207
Non-Emergency Dispatch: 210.335.6000