Skills Development Program
The Bexar County Skills Development Fund provides grant funding for tailored training to ensure your current and new employees have the skills your industry requires. Its purpose is to strengthen local targeted industries and increase skill levels and wages of the local workforce within Bexar County. As skilled labor availability continues to be a top factor in economic development, the County is committed to ensuring its workforce and our companies are prepared for jobs of the future.
- A company may receive up to $1,000 per net new Targeted Occupation Position created (with maximum award not to exceed $250,000).
- Grant award received on an annual basis as net new Targeted Occupation Position(s) are filled.
- Net new Targeted Occupation Position(s) must be filled within 2 years of grant execution to receive full grant award.
- View complete overview here.
- Be an established company in a Targeted Industry with plans to locate or expand in Bexar County.
- Create a minimum of 20 net new Targeted Occupation Positions, with 50% being Bexar County residents.
- Pay all net new Targeted Occupations Positions no less than the National Median Hourly Wage ($32.58) excluding benefits.
- Pay no employee at project site less than the Hourly Living Wage ($15.43) excluding benefits.
- Provide each full-time employee and their dependents at the project location with affordable health insurance within one year of hiring.
- Participate in at least one SA Works experiential learning opportunity, such as Job Shadow Day, Summer Internship(s), or Educator Externships.
Email your application to the Economic Development team here!
- Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Labor Relations Specialists
- Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurses
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Medical Appliance Technicians
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Orthodontists and Prosthetists
- Other Health Technologists and Technicians
- Radiologic Technicians
- Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Surgical Technologists
- Accountants and Auditors
- Administrative Services Managers
- Budget Analysts
- Business Operations Specialists
- Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Compliance Officers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Insurance Underwriters
- Management Analysts
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Survey Researchers
- Training and Development Specialists
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- All Other Media and Communications Workers
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Public Relations Specialists
- Aircraft Mechanics and Services Technicians
- Avionics Technicians
- Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Farming Buyers and Purchasing Agents