Start A Business
Let's get started!
Every business is different, and the requirements and steps necessary to ensure you are doing everything properly can be daunting. When you don't know your DBA from your EIN or your permits from your sales tax info, we're here to help get you on the right track.
Each page in this section holds information related to the most commonly asked questions in our office, starting from obtaining your Assumed Name or "Doing Business As" (DBA) and how to get an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and why it's important. We also include information regarding training, financial assistance, and finding other business resources.
Below is a collection of helpful documents, including budgeting tools, guides on writing a business plan, and more. There are also links to a few resources, including the U.S. Small Business Administration and Texas Economic Development Corporation.
Starting your own business can feel very complicated. The Bexar County Small Business & Entrepreneurship Department is here to help in any way we can. If you have questions about where to go or what to do next, feel free to visit our office or call us at (210) 335-1937. You can also request an appointment with our staff to discuss your business needs in greater depth.
- Bexar County SMWBE Program Outreach Contact Listing (PDF)
- COSA Small Business Resource Guide (PDF)
- Construction Business Plan (PDF)
- Handbook for Small Business (PDF)
- San Antonio Small Business Resource Guide (PDF)
- SBA San Antonio Resource Guide (PDF)
- Startup Annual Expense Forms (PDF)
- The Business Plan for Home Based Business (PDF)
- U.S. SBA National Resource Guide (PDF)
- Forms of Doing Business in Mexico Compared to the U.S. (PDF)