There are numerous important dates and deadlines during the tax year. Many, such as the January 1 assessment date, is specifically stated in the Texas Property Tax Code. Others, such as a property owner's deadline to file a notice of protest, may depend on the date the chief appraiser performs an action (in this case, the date a notice of appraised value is mailed to the property owner). Each calendar entry is supported by a reference or references pertinent to the Texas Property Tax Code or Education Code Section(s).
important tax payment dates
- OCTOBER 2021- Tax statement mailing begins.
- NOVEMBER 30, 2021- 1st HALF-PAYMENT due.
- JANUARY 31, 2022- Last day to pay 2021 tax bill without penalty and interest. (If any active lawsuit exists for a previous year, attorney fees are added to the 2021 tax bill on February 1, 2022.)
- MARCH 31, 2022-Last day to pay 2021 business personal property taxes without accruing attorney fees.
- JUNE 30, 2022- 2ND HALF-PAYMENT due. Last day to make a payment arrangement for past due taxes in order to avoid attorney fees (if an active lawsuit does not exist).
QUARTER-PAYMENT DUE DATES**
- 1ST QUARTER-PAYMENT due by:
JANUARY 31, 2022**;
- 2ND QUARTER-PAYMENT due by:
MARCH 31, 2022;
- 3RD QUARTER-PAYMENT due by:
MAY 31, 2022;
- 4TH QUARTER-PAYMENT due by:
JULY 31, 2022*.
(*Date extended to the next business day.)
(** Taxpayers can still join the Quarter-Payment Plan in February, but with a 7% late fee on the first payment.)
Quarter Payments: Any late quarter-payment incurs a penalty of 6% for the first month plus 1% interest per month until paid in full. Please Note: Taxpayers can still join the Quarter Payment Plan in February, but with a 7% late fee.
If the last day to perform an action falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday, Property Tax Code Section 1.06 designates the next regular business day as the deadline.