Remote Attorney Visitation
Remote attorney visitation now available. Call 210-335-2544 to schedule an appointment.
Remote Attorney Visitation (RAV) System Procedures
- The defense attorney calls Criminal District Court Administration (CDCA) at 210-335-2544, to make a request. The defense attorney may also come by in person to the 3rd floor of the Paul Elizondo tower to make the request. The attorney must give their client's name and SID number. The attorney must leave a good call-back number in case there is a problem.
- CDCA schedules an appointment for the attorney to come back and visit with his/her client remotely. At this point in time we are requesting at least a 1 hour lead-time from the time the request is made to the actual remote meeting.
- Due to the afternoon freeze at the jail, no appointments will be scheduled between 2:15 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily.
- At this time, appointments will be made in 30 minute increments. In special circumstances, a shorter or longer period of time may be scheduled. Other than the freeze times mentioned above, appointments can be made anytime Monday through Friday, except on county holidays, from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- When an attorney requests an appointment, CDCA will check the "c" page of the defendant's case to verify that the defendant is represented by that attorney. Starting out, we are going to limit this system to use by defense attorneys only. If it looks like it is not being used as often as it could, we will consider opening it up for use by investigators too.
- When the appointment is made, CDCA will email the jail. CDCA will let the contact know the defendant's name and SID number, the attorney requesting remote visitation, and the date and time of the meeting.
- If there is a problem with getting a particular defendant to the unit at the scheduled time, the jail contact person will let CDCA know, and CDCA will contact the attorney and reschedule.
- If 10 or more minutes have passed from the time an appointment is scheduled and the attorney has not shown up at CDCA, CDCA will contact the attorney 1st. If the appointment needs to be cancelled, CDCA will let the jail contact person know that they can take the inmate back and the appointment will be rescheduled. On the 3rd time that this occurs with the same attorney, that attorney will no longer be allowed to use the RAV system.
- CDCA can schedule up to 3 defendants per attorney, to appear consecutively, with 30 minutes allotted to each defendant.
- When the attorney shows up at CDCA at the scheduled appointment time, he/she will be shown to the remote attorney visitation room and helped to call the appropriate unit where their client will be waiting to get the call.
- CDCA will always have staff available to assist with these procedures.