Bexar County Parks and Recreation
- Bullis County Park
- Comanche County Park I & II
- MacArthur Park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Mission County Park I & II
- Orsinger Park
- Pletz Park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Raymond Russell Park
- Rodriguez Park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Harlandale Civic Center
- Navajo Civic Center
- South San Civic Center
- Courthouse Main Plaza
- Crescent Bend Nature Park
- Government Canyon State Natural Area
- San Jose Mission, a unit of the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
- Walker Ranch Park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Bexar County Parks Reservation System
The Bexar County Parks Reservation System allows you to view parks and the amenities within each park. A digital tour shows what the amenities look like, and the interactive calendar lets you view available dates and reserve your desired amenity at that time. Also available through the Bexar County Parks Reservation System are online tours for Bexar County’s Passive Parks (parks at which the amenities cannot be reserved) and links to inter-agency parks (parks established with Bexar County and another agency for public use). View and Reserve a Park Now
County parks offer amenities such as:
- Cooking grills and barbecue pits
- Dance areas
- Kitchen facilities
- Picnic tables
- Playground equipment
- Restroom facilities
- Tennis, baseball and soccer fields
Bexar County Parks also sponsors cooperative parks in association with the City of San Antonio, City of Schertz, San Antonio River Authority, National Parks Service, and the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
GENERAL PARK INFORMATION
Hours of Operation
Bexar County parks are generally open all year round except for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and New Year’s Day. Parks hours change from winter to summer season: winter hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and summer hours are from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pletz County park is one exception and does close at 8 p.m. in the summer. Specific information about each park can be found at our Parks Reservation System.
The mission of the Bexar County Parks Division is to provide locations for community gathering outdoors in natural and safe recreational spaces.
The Bexar County Parks Division manages and operates 11 parks and 3 civic centers that offer over 480 acres of recreational space throughout Bexar County.
The park facilities are available for use by the general public and some parks have areas that are available to be reserved for private use. Bexar County parks are staffed and maintained by park personnel all year round.