Critical Transportation Charts
- Texas Transportation Energy Trends
- Trend in Texas Urban Vehicle Travel
Urban travel in Texas continues to decrease, as gas prices climb ever higher.
- Traffic on Urban Texas Arterials
According to the Federal Highway Administration, traffic continues to fall on Texas arterials.
- Peak Period Tolls vs. Gasoline Tax
- Gasoline Price Effects on Vehicle Travel Growth
Gasoline prices have effectively stopped travel growth.
- San Antonio Freeways
It would appear that San Antonio has enough roads. We can't think of anything better to solve our traffic issues than building more?
- Trip and Mode Response to Gasoline Price Increase
Shows how a 1% increase in fuel price effects the number of trips a person takes, broken down by purpose of trip.
- Local Oil Dependency
Interesting statistics about our oil dependency. We must move away from oil!
- Vehicle Miles Response to Gas Price Increase
Shows how a 1% increase in fuel price effects drivers and mass transportation.
- Lane Miles and Average Commute Time City Comparison
A comparison of SA to other cities. Note the other cities' distinctions at the top. We can do it too.
- Change in Fuel Consumption given a 10% Increase in Fuel Price
Not suprisingly, those with lower incomes are most effected by higher gasoline prices.
- Gasoline and Oil Price Trends
Shows that gas prices have not yet caught up to oil prices, but when they do, we will be paying $4 per gallon.
- Peak Oil Update - September 2007
Has oil production already peaked? It appears so, and that cannot well for oil prices in the future.
- At What Price Will Driving Be Effected?
A 2005 Wall Street Journal Survey. Which category do you fall in?
- Estimating the Price of Gasoline (2 charts)
We are well on our way to over $100 per barrel.
- Alternative Future Scenarios
What sort of difference can we make if good leadership is given?