- Bottled water is permitted in the courtroom.
- During trial, participants may bring a beverage into the courtroom as long as it has a spill-proof lid.
- No food or gum-chewing allowed in the courtroom.
- Appropriate courtroom attire is required of all persons entering courtroom, i.e. shirt-tails must be tucked, no flip flops, etc.
- No texting or other cell phone usage allowed in the courtroom.
- No reading of newspapers or other periodicals in the courtroom.
- No person should by any facial expression, shaking of the head, utterance of any kind or any other conduct or gestures exhibit approval or disapproval of any statement or event which has occurred in the courtroom.
The Court follows Misc. Docket No. 92-0067 of the Supreme Court of Texas approved March 11, 1992, regarding procedures for electronic media coverage. Copies may be obtained from the Deputy Clerk.
Open Door Policy:
If you have a question about procedures, PLEASE ASK -- we are here to serve. Remember, however, that we cannot give legal advice and cannot have ex parte communications about cases. When in doubt, put your question in writing and copy your opponents. Please also make suggestions on how we can improve the efficiency and user-friendliness of our Court.
Judge Antonia (Toni) Arteaga
57th District Court
|Deputy District Clerk:||Rene Charles
|Official Court Reporter:||Mary Martinez
|Phone Number:||210 335-2531|
|Mailing Address:||57th District Court
Bexar County Courthouse
100 Dolorosa, 2nd floor
San Antonio, Texas 78205