What To Do
A public meeting will be held on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the San Antonio and Bexar County Emergency Operations Center, Media Room, 8130 Inner Circle Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78235, to discuss the creation of a Bexar County Hazard Mitigation Plan. Read about the Meeting
Welcome to the Bexar County Office of Emergency Management (BCOEM) website. The BCOEM coordinates the Bexar County emergency management efforts in order to prepare, prevent, plan, respond and recover from all-hazard events. The BCOEM is active in the community in a variety of ways:
- Respond to emergencies/disasters within Bexar County and the region.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate Emergency Management plans.
- Conduct/attend all-hazards training and exercises.
- Monitor emergency/disaster incidents and manage the Emergency Operations Center.
- On-scene command, control, and communication for emergencies/disasters.
- Participate in the Incident Management Team.
- Coordinate public information and the dissemination of warnings.
- Strengthen community education and preparedness through Volunteer management and coordination of Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD).
- Coordinate relief and recovery operations.
Changing to mist and overcast skies with winds from the southeast at 2 mph. Turning mostly cloudy with winds from the south at 6 mph.
Mostly cloudy with winds from the south at 6 mph. Turning fair with winds from the southsoutheast at 7 mph.
83F PARTLY CLOUDY