New Construction FAQs
- What law regulates the County authority to require building permits?
- When is a building permit required in the unincorporated areas of the county?
- Who has to get a building permit?
- What is a "substantial improvement"?
- What is a commercial establishment (building)?
- What is a public accessible building?
- What is a multi-family residential building?
- What do I have to do to get a building permit?
- What other permits must be obtained?
- How long does it take to obtain a building permit?
- How much does a building permit cost?
- How long is a building permit valid for?
- What are the Codes used by Bexar County?
- What local amendments are enforced by Bexar County?
- What inspections are required for my building?
- Who inspects my building project?
- I'm building a private residence, what permits are required?
- How do I get a Certificate of Occupancy for my home?
- I'm building in the San Antonio ETJ, what other requirements must I comply with?
- I'm building in the Helotes ETJ, what other requirements must I comply with?
- How is my property zoned in the County?
Bexar County Fire Marshal
San Antonio, Texas 78207
LOUIS CHRIS LOPEZ, III
JOHN D. ORTEGA, JR.