Fire Inspection FAQs
- What authority does the County have to conduct Fire Inspections?
- Why does the County conduct Fire Inspections?
- What is a Fire Code?
- What Fire Code does the County enforce?
- Why does the County charge a fee for conducting a fire inspection?
- How often does the County conduct a fire/safety inspection?
- A Fire Inspector found a violation of the Fire Code in my building; what must I do?
- The Fire Inspector told me that a re-inspection is necessary, why?
- If I fail to make corrections to a fire code violation, what happens?
- Why am I being told I have to install a Fire Alarm System?
- Why am I being told I have to install a Fire Sprinkler System?
- Is my building is "Grandfathered" from having to meet current codes?
- How is the occupant load for my building calculated?
- My business is regulated or licensed by the State, and they use the Life Safety Code; why is the Fire Inspector telling me I have to comply with the County Fire Code?
- I just started a business and moved into a new building; what do I have to do?
- I want to install fuel tanks at my property; what must I do?
- I believe I saw a fire code violation at a business I visited; what can I do about it?
- What does the Inspector look for during an inspection?
- What is an "Exit" Strategy, and why is it important?
- Why does my mobile food vending truck require an annual fire inspection and permit?
- Why does my fuel dispensing operation require an annual fire inspection and permit?
Bexar County Fire Marshal
San Antonio, Texas 78207
LOUIS CHRIS LOPEZ, III
JOHN D. ORTEGA, JR.
NATHAN P. MENDENHALL