Fire Inspection FAQs
- What authority does the County have to conduct Fire Inspections?
- Why does the County conduct Fire Inspections?
- What is a Fire Code?
- What Fire Code does the County enforce?
- Why does the County charge a fee for conducting a fire inspection?
- How often does the County conduct a fire/safety inspection?
- A Fire Inspector found a violation of the Fire Code in my building; what must I do?
- The Fire Inspector told me that a re-inspection is necessary, why?
- If I fail to make corrections to a fire code violation, what happens?
- Why am I being told I have to install a Fire Alarm System?
- Why am I being told I have to install a Fire Sprinkler System?
- Is my building is "Grandfathered" from having to meet current codes?
- How is the occupant load for my building calculated?
- My business is regulated or licensed by the State, and they use the Life Safety Code; why is the Fire Inspector telling me I have to comply with the County Fire Code?
- I just started a business and moved into a new building; what do I have to do?
- I want to install fuel tanks at my property; what must I do?
- I believe I saw a fire code violation at a business I visited; what can I do about it?
- What does the Inspector look for during an inspection?
- What is an "Exit" Strategy, and why is it important?
- Why does my mobile food vending truck require an annual fire inspection and permit?
- Why does my fuel dispensing operation require an annual fire inspection and permit?
Bexar County Fire Marshal
San Antonio, Texas 78207
LOUIS CHRIS LOPEZ, III
JOHN D. ORTEGA, JR.