Mission Statement and Goals
The mission of the Bexar County CSCD is to promote the safety of the community at all times, and to provide for the protection of society by reducing the incidence of criminal activity of the offender placed under community supervision.
Our mission is to be achieved through the rehabilitation and social reintegration of the offender through community-based sanctions and/or services whenever and wherever possible, and through the professional and cooperative utilization of resources within the community.
Long Range Goals
- Develop professional working relationships with community organizations and agencies to promote continued effective dialogue with the Bexar County CSCD in order to maximize quality and quantity of services offered to the offender.
- Develop regional offices within the Bexar County CSCD boundaries for closer proximity to the offender's home environment which will enable ease of supervision and accessibility for offenders to services provided.
- Increase community involvement in establishing quality intervention programs that will meet the objective of reducing recidivism and make neighborhoods safer.
- Develop quality sentencing alternatives for county and district courts, which satisfies both the community and the needs of the specialized offender.
- Evaluate the efficacy of programs by utilizing data collection methods and to continuously analyze results for the validation of program design.
- To pursue an increase in restitution collection for victims the CSCD will encourage compliance with court ordered victim restitution through the use of available incentives.