Officially designated "The Cowboy Capital of the World" by the Texas Legislature, Bandera County is rich with the spirit of the frontier. In 1852, John James, Charels S. DeMontel, and John J. Herndon entered into a partnership to acquire land "in and above the mountains, commencing ten or fifteen miles above Castroville" with the aim to establish a settlement on the Medina River, which would eventually become the town of Bandera. Bandera County would detach from Bexar County and become its own County in 1856.
As of the 2014 Census, the population of Bandera County was 20,892, and the population of the City of Bandera was 833. The area is well known for Medina Lake, Lost Maples State Natural Area, and many other beautiful Hill Country sites.
Bandera County is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Bexar County Small Minority Women-Owned Business Enterprise Program Office
101 W. Nueva, Suite 112 San Antonio, Texas 78204
Office: (210) 335-2478 Facsimile: (210) 335-0673
Cell: (210) 288-7571 Email: [email protected]
TITLE VI NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY STATEMENT
Bexar County, as a recipient of Federal financial assistance and under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes, ensures that no person shall on the grounds of race, religion (where the primary objective of the financial assistance is to provide employment per 42 U.S.S. § 2000d-3), color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any Department programs or activities.