The Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center is committed to providing timely, effective and caring services to each person in need of our assistance.
- We will treat our clients with dignity and respect, striving to earn their trust and maintain our credibility.
- We will provide our clients with a forum in which to resolve their conflicts and disputes in a peaceful and expedient manner.
- We will take advantage of every opportunity to educate the citizens of Bexar County about our services by promoting and encouraging the use of mediation as a non-violent means of resolving conflicts.
- We will recognize the immense contributions volunteer mediators make to our success and our ability to provide this valuable community service.
- We will strive to maintain the leading edge in mediation in the state of Texas and to sustain the BCDRC as a model to be emulated statewide.
- Provide Bexar County residents with direct access to alternative methods and resources for resolving disputes of all types
- Provide dispute resolution services to assist Bexar County residents and businesses to resolve disputes in a fair, expeditious, and inexpensive manner
- Provide information and referral services to residents whose disputes are more appropriate for processing by other community, governmental, or social service agencies
- Assist the courts in the resolution of civil disputes, thereby relieving undue court congestion, costs and delays
- Provide the public school systems of Bexar County with peer mediation training which will enable students to resolve their own problems in a peaceful manner
- Increase the public's awareness and knowledge of the use of mediation as an appropriate means of dispute resolution
- Encourage enhancement of the BCDRC's service delivery system through continuous improvement and innovations, including utilization of technological solutions to improve operations
- Seek new projects and innovative applications for mediation in various arenas which will enhance BCDRC contributions to the community
- Recruit, train, and utilize community volunteers as mediators, intake assistants, and Speakers Bureau presenters
Dispute Resolution CenterCadena-Reeves Justice Center300 Dolorosa, Suite 1.102
San Antonio, TX 78205-3009Phone: 210-335-2128Fax: 210-335-2941
Hours of Operation:Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 1 p.m - 5 p.m.After 5 p.m. Instructions:For access into the BCDRC after 5 p.m., please use the Dolorosa St. entrance.